- From Korea with Love One of the most open minded blogs around.
- Hanna South Korea/Teaching and Traveling – tumblr
- Stacy Laughs – tumblr. Taught at a hagwon, returned to finish her masters, returned to Korea through EPIK.
- The Wanderlust Diary. Funny, long since returned but a great read.
- Red Pen of Doom – South African blogs her journey from when she first wanted to teach in Korea. Currently in Daegu with EPIK.
- Heather Shambles a South African perspective
- Me & Daejeon – Personal experiences and good resources
- Foreign/er – returned Feb 2013. Open minded and fun to read.
- I’m a Wandering Soul – Moved to Incheon in 2011
- Anneyong-Say What -Andrea adopts the nickname “Ana” and from then on is a fearless traveler.
- Danielle Doodles – 2013 EPIK Intake, living in Gangwon.
- That Time in Korea – August 2013 intake living in Daejeon.
- Brooke Teacher – Long since returned from Korea but was a good blog to read.
- It goes Suwon and on – returned
- April’s In Korea -Hasn’t updated in a while, probably returned.
- Expat Ajumma – a licensed teacher in America struggling if EPIK is teaching or supervising. Has two cool cats.
- Hanna South Korea/Teaching and Traveling – tumblr. Leaving Korea in Feb 2014.
- Living in Korea with LuDog – tumblr. Brought her dog to Korea.
- The Waygook Files -tumblr. Resources and some debates.
- Jellonam-do Salad Returned. A couple in rural Korea.
- Meanwhile in Korea – tumblr
- Ramen Hair Teacher FTW tumblr
- Joy in Gangwon – tumblr.
- Lovely Lovable Loving Lady – tumblr Korean gifsets
- Travel Whoo – tumblr. Running and travel enthusiast in Seoul.
People Who had/are having a bad time
We include these people because they prove it’s not always hagwons that lead to a bad time. Many blogs/people who go through EPIK either love or hate it. These people hate it constantly and sometimes it’s worth reading to learn from them, their mistakes – or to learn what kind of problems we could all possibly face.
- Go Kimmi Go – broke her EPIK contract early and is now back at home.
- Kelly’s Korean Adventure – didn’t break her contract but has almost hated it the whole way through.
Eat Your Kimchi
Other Nice Blogs/Websites
The Waygook Effect
Korean Wiki Learn Hangeul
Talk to Me in Korean -awesome for learning Korean
Learn Korean Flashcards – tumblr
Dave’s ESL Cafe -often negative rants and posting but also has job postings and can have helpful advice
Beyond Kimchee Cooking
Korean Animal Rescue Where to adopt, foster or volunteer
Eat Your Lunchee – Rating and photographing middle school SoKo lunches
Pictures of Places within Korea – tumblr, searchable by location
Clean Seoul – cleaning and safety tips for Korea
Arrival Store – ship Western things you need to your apartment
G-Mart – like a Korean Amazon for all sorts of things
Don’t forget you can search blogs directly on google, so if you want something specific “why my hagwon doesn’t suck” “EPIK” “EPIK apartment”