We’ve been getting pretty luck with 4 (or 5) day weekends. We’ve had 3 so far. But this one is the last one. Next year the holidays won’t match up like this, either.
We spent the first long weekend in Daejeon. We cancelled a hotel and a trip at the last minute so we wouldn’t have to take a 4 hour bus ride. Seriously, the coast is only 1 hour away by car. Why is it 4 hours by bus? It didn’t sound relaxing so we cancelled it. Very unlike us.
The next long weekend – Memorial Day Weekend- we spent in Seoul. Nothing too extreme there and we had already been there.
Then Chuseok. Everyone at school expected us to go somewhere. Nope, we stayed at home and built a headboard. We didn’t even leave our neighborhood for 5 days. And it was so relaxing.
But the time for relaxation ends now. None of those trips have been interesting or extreme. What happened to the good old days when we could just take a plane down to Italy and skip school for 5 days (when we were in Germany). Well, besides the fact that we have jobs, now. But, dammit, Asia is at our fingertips. We should go explore.
So. Everything permitting, we’re going to take a vacation on this upcoming well, vacation. A real, proper vacation. Not one in-country.
Can you guess where we’re going?
- This country has over 50,000 people over the age of 100.
- The birth rate here is so low that there are more adult diapers sold than baby diapers.
- This country just released an all-black cheeseburger. Black buns, black cheese, meat.
- Like Hong Kong, this place also has a Disneyland.
- This countries food is on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Only a few countries have their food-culture recognized by UNESCO.
- The city where we’re going has the most expensive dinner ever. It’s about $6,000 dollars per person and it’s in a steakhouse.
- This city has the 3rd biggest stock exchange.
- This country has about 1,500 earthquakes a year.
- This country has only 2 gun related homicides per year and is considered one of the safest countries for female travelers to go to.
- 6,800 islands. 200 volcanoes.
- This country technically has the longest reigning monarchy.